Unless you're Kevin from the hit US comedy show “The Office”, chances are you know that paper shredders aren't used for making salads. Although that’s a pretty great way to make salads once you think about it.
However, in the real world paper shredders are used to destroy papers and documents that are sensitive. Documents that could lead someone to steal your identity or find out sensitive information that was just on a need-to-know basis.
Also, it helps to recycle as well. So, if you’re someone who is looking for the best shredder for small business, you’re at the right place. We’re providing you a thorough guide into some of the finest shredders you’re looking for.Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
List of top Shredder For Small Business
Shredder for Small Business Reviews
1. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Cross-Cut | budget Small Business Paper Shredder
- Cross-cut shred size: turns paper into small confetti-like pieces measuring 3/16 by 1-27/32 inches (5 by 47 mm); meets security level P-3 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards (one at a time)
If you’re looking for a paper shredder that will cut not only your basic papers but also CDs, DVDs and credit cards, then you’ve come to the right place.
Gone are the days of being worried about someone stealing your information. This machine will shred credit-card bills, ATM receipts, pay stubs, mortgage statements, insurance packets, and other old or unnecessary information.
Not only that, you can forget about taking off paper clips and staples because this machine will shred through those as well.
The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder is the perfect machine for a small business. This machine is more than capable of taking on your paper shredding needs. It has an 8-sheet capacity and is able to cut paper into 3/16 by 1-27/32 inches of strips.
Another great feature is the auto mode. The sensors detect whatever you’re shredding and automatically starts the process. It then drops the remains in the bin below. The manual reverse makes it super easy to clear paper jams.
The only downside is that this cross-cut shredder can run straight for 3 minutes before it needs half an hour to cool down. If you keep shredding past its maximum run time, then the machine will overheat and shut down on its own.
Other than that, the paper shredder is super convenient as it fits perfectly under a desk where you can access it easily.
1. Runs continuously for 3 minutes straight.
2. Has a see-through 4.1-gallon bin.
3. Shreds papers into tiny strips.
4. Includes an Auto start feature.
5. Can clear paper jams with manual reverse.
2. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut | best shredders for business
- Strip-cut shred size: turns paper into 1/4-inch-wide strips at a rate of 9.84 feet per minute; meets security level P-2 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys CDs, DVDs, and credit cards (one at a time, through dedicated...
If you thought getting rid of expired credit cards were just the end of what shredding machines could do, well think again! The AmazonBasics paper shredder can shred up to 8 sheets of paper at a time and turn them into 1/4-inch-wide strips at a rate of 9.84 feet per minute.
Want to get rid of that pay stub without anyone noticing? Go right ahead! Why stop there? Shred CDs, credit cards, credit-card bills, insurance packets, receipts and any unwanted information you might have.
Shredding expired papers and documents makes sure that you are protected from anyone stealing your private information or even your identity. Luckily, it doesn’t just stop at shredding papers anymore, this shredder has a dedicated slot which destroys CDs and DVDs.
All you have to do is life the safety cover on the machine, press and hold the destroyer button and finally put in a single disc very gently. The blades will cut the disc into 4 pieces and that’s it!
The auto mode feature makes shredding papers easy as it detects and starts the process on its own. The 3.2-gallon bin is filled up without facing paper jams thanks to the manual reverse function. You’ll be jam-free for good.
The strip-cut paper shredder has a run time of 2 minutes before a much needed 15-minute cool down. Anymore beyond that and the machine will turn off on its own to save and protect the motor.
This is a perfectly light machine that can be used conveniently. It will fit under desks and anywhere else you think about putting it. You can easily remove the shredder when it’s cleaning time. Overall, this is a perfect fit for those who want a shredder for their home office or in a small business.
1. Runs continuously for 2 minutes.
2. Dedicated slot for shredding CDs and DVDs.
3. Comes with auto shut off feature.
4. Manual reverse function minimizes paper jams.
5. Has a 3.2-gallon capacity bin.
3. AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut | best commercial grade paper shredder
- Cross-cut shred size: turns paper into small confetti-like pieces measuring 0.2 by 1.9 inches (5.6 by 47 mm); meets security level P-3 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 6 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards (one at a time)
As the name suggests, this AmazonBasics cross-cut shredder can shred 6 sheets of paper at a time and cuts them into 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches of strips before before your very eyes.
You can destroy any piece and the type of paper you can think of, like junk mails, day-to-day bills, pay stubs, credit cards, print cards, receipts and any document that you think is unnecessary. Now you can protect your identity by destroying papers that have your personal information on it in a matter of minutes.
This cross-cut paper shredder will not disappoint when it comes to both power and performance. The auto mode easily detects the paper and starts shredding accordingly and thanks to the manual reverse you’ll be free from any sort of paper jams.
Moreover, this machine can fit under any workstation or desk you can think of. The shredder can also be removed without any hassle when it's time to clear away the 3.8-gallon bin making it perfect for home or small business offices.
The downside to this is that it has a run time of 2 minutes before the half an hour cool down time. To help save the motor, it will shut down automatically when the machine is being used beyond the maximum run time.
1. Runs continuously for 2 minutes straight.
2. Has cross-cut security level.
3. Includes an auto mode feature.
4. Manual reverse can unjam paper anytime.
5. Comes with a 3.8-gallon capacity bin.
4. AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut | best commercial paper shredder
- Cross-cut shred size: turns paper into small confetti-like pieces measuring 3/16 by 1-9/16 inches (5 by 40 mm); meets security level P-3 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 12 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards (one at a time)
If you’re ever worried someone might steal your identity from a credit card, then this machine is just perfect for you. Not only does it completely destroy credit cards, but also mortgage statements, pay stubs and receipts as well.
You can shred multiple pages at the same thanks to the 12-sheet capacity feature.
The cross-cut machine will cut the papers into cross-section strips measuring 7/32 by 1-9/16 inches. So, you can rest easy because nobody will be able to put together anything once you’re done with a personal paper of yours.
This compact shredder has a 7 minute run time before it needs to cool down for a good 30 minutes. If you decide to test the machine push it past 7 minutes, then it will shut down on its own. This is so that the motor is safe and doesn’t get damaged.
The great features are the thermal protection with the auto shut off and the anti-jam auto reverse that helps clear paper jams. The cutting blades reverse in the shredder and unjams the paper free. You don’t have to worry about getting your paper stuck midway ever again!
All in all, this is a great paper shredder for anyone who is looking into starting their own small business. It could be in your home or in a small office, the machine will fit in perfectly without taking up any space at all.
1. Has a P-3 security level.
2. Can run continuously for 7 minutes.
3. Includes auto shut-off and thermal protection mode.
4. Comes with a 4.8-gallon capacity bin.
5. Auto reverse can minimize paper jams.
5. AmazonBasics 12 Sheet Cross-Cut | best business shredder
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 12-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards, CDs and DVDs (one at a time)
- Shreds paper into cross section strips measuring 7/32 by 2-5/32 inches
Ever wanted to shred Blu-Rays, CDs and DVDs in one shredding machine? Well, now you can, thanks to the AmazonBasics cross-cut paper shredder. Not only will it shred any kind of documents and papers you can think of, but it will destroy Blu Rays as well.
The machine can shred 12 sheets of paper at a time and it will make sure your documents are shredded into fine strips measuring 7/32 by 2-5/32 inches. For shredding CDs, Blu-Rays and DVDs you’ll find a separate slot where you can feed the discs one at a time.
Remember to let go once the shredding begins, the machine will stop on its own when the process is done. Similarly, in the auto mode feature, the machine will only start shredding when it has detected whatever it is that you’re shredding, but it won’t shred what it can’t detect.
The 4.8-gallon bin fills up as there is a manual reverse function that helps clear any sort of paper jams on the spot. The medium-duty shredder can take 600 sheets of paper per day thanks to the 5-minute constant shredding it does.
It will take half an hour to cool down, however, if you decide to push your machine, it will just stop automatically to protect the motor. The machine will also shut down when it detects objects it can’t shred.
1. Runs continuously for 5 minutes.
2. Has a dedicated slot for shredding CDs, DVDs and Blu Rays.
3. Has an auto shut-off feature.
4. Manual reverse function reduces paper jams.
5. Has a 4.8-gallon capacity bin.
Shredder For Small Business Buying Guide
Before you head out to get the best paper shredder for small business, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
The Types of Cut
The most important factor in any good paper shredder is it’s cutting capability. Both the micro-cut and cross cut are the best choice in every way. However, for business purposes, it’s recommended to go with the micro-cut or a confetti cut.
Similarly, for a home based shredder, you can go for the strip cut or cross cut. This is why the types of cut is undoubtedly the most important factor you need to look into first. Keep yourself updated on what type of cut paper shredders have.
The second important thing you need in a paper shredder is a bin, preferably a large one. This way you won’t have to keep cleaning out the bin and waste any time.
What you need to find out is the size of basket you’ll be needing first. Luckily for you, you’ll easily find bins that are up to 8 gallons large or even more than that.
Again, you need to find out how much of shredding you’ll be doing, as larger bins will help improve your productivity.
The Need For Speed
When it comes to paper shredders, speed is a crucial factor. The speed will determine how fast you can get your documents shredded. Different shredding machines have different speeds.
So, it only makes sense to get a shredder with less speed if you’re using it at home. There’s no hurry and you don’t have tons of documents that you need to shred all at once.
However, for business purposes, getting a heavy duty shredder is the wise choice. You can shred documents fast and get your work done much quicker as well. That’s why it's important you know what kind of speed you’ll need.
Maximum Run Time
Now we come to the running time of a shredding machine. You may come across some machines that get super hot after just a minute of shredding. This means your machine won’t work again until its cooled down.
That can get annoying real quick. Thankfully, many shredders have an overheating protection technology. Your machine is protected from any sort of damage and it will cool down much faster.
The smart decision would be to get a shredder that can run for 30 minutes without getting heated up. The overheating technology will take care of the cooling down and you can still keep working without any interruptions.
Can It Shred Anything?
That’s the question you should be asking when you’re buying a shredding machine. The ability to shred not only credit cards, but print cards, CD’s, paper clips and staples as well.
Check how far a shredding machine will go to and what you can shred without worrying about damaging the machine. This way you won’t have to buy a second shredder to shred CDs, staples and credit cards separately.
You’ll be saving your own money and time, not to mention you can even make a mean salad in there if you really feel like it.
In conclusion, we’d like to say that we hope our reviews for best small business shredder helps you to find the paper shredder you’re looking for. We know how important it is to have a shredder that perfectly shreds all your sensitive documents.
Protecting one’s information and identity is equally important as well. While it’s true there are far too many variations of machines out there, but with some careful research and knowing what you want can really help you in your quest.
Or, at least it will make the shopping process go smoother. Just don’t shred any salads in there and you should be good to go!