Running out of ink, mainly when you need urgent work completed, is probably the most disturbing aspect of professional printing.
However, learning that the recommended brand ink is premium priced is even more frustrating. Your solution to consistent printing, therefore, lies on the best remanufactured ink cartridges.
Let's face it! Who wants to pay higher when they can find a good alternative at a lower price? Apart from the attractive price, they have a page yield and overall performance that's almost equivalent to their OEM counterparts. And, there's a reduction of carbon footprint hence a direct benefit to the environment.
However, several aftermarket or remanufactured ink cartridge brands promise what they can't deliver. It is, therefore, essential to shop for a third-party ink with both eyes wide open.
We help you through this risky but immensely advantageous process. In this article is a detailed buyer's guide as well as some of the most reliable aftermarket ink cartridges.
list of top Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
Top 10 Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Reviews
1. GREENBOX 63XL | best remanufactured hp ink cartridges
- Compatible with: HP ENVY 4520 4510 4512 4513 4516 4517 4522 4524 4525, HP OfficeJet 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 4652 4654 4655 5200 5220 5230 5232 5252 5255 5258 5260 5264 4650, HP DeskJet 1110 1112 2130...
- Contents: 2 Pack Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for hp 63XL ink cartridges - 63 XL 1 Black 1 Tri-Color
GREENBOX is one of the most replacement cartridge manufacturers you will come across. The company promises an exclusive experience with its GREENBOX Re-Manufactured Ink Cartridge 63XL. And, they deliver on their promise.
The 63XL cartridge pack comes with two canisters. Both canisters are extraordinarily reliable and guarantee sharp prints. So, you will get vivid colors on your images and explicit texts on your documents.
The colors are accurate and incredibly dynamic. Moreover, irrespective of the type of paper used, the ink neither smears nor tends to bleed through.
When you think of buying a replacement cartridge, page yield is a primary consideration. Well, the 63XL does not disappoint. The black canister has a page yield of 480 pages. On the other hand, the tri-color cartridge had a page yield of 330 pages. Such a production capacity is identical to the indication on most OEM cartridges.
There's no doubt that this is the most versatile ink cartridge for a range of HP printers. It is compatible with a variety of Desk Jet, Envy, and Office Jet models. The GREENBOXRe-ManufacturedInkCartridge63XLfits well in Desk Jet 2130-2136 models, Office Jet 4650-4658 models, and Envy 4522-4528 models.
- It features high fidelity and color saturation.
- It guarantees leak-proof and no-smear printing.
- The page yield is identical to OEM brands.
- It features professional packaging of up to 3 layers.
2. Ejet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge For HP | Best Replacement Ink Cartridges
- What you get: 1 Black & 1 tri-color remanufactured ink cartridges replacement for HP 63XL 63 XL ink cartridges combo pack
- Page Yield: 480 pages per black 63XL cartridge & 330 pages per 63XL color cartridge
Are you looking for a generic cartridge for your HP printer? Well, if you answer yes to this question, then the ejet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge is a product worth considering. The company, ejet, is one of the most reputable companies in the industry.
The company's products are approved for office, business, and government use. If you want to throw the quality dice on this particular cartridge, then you won't be disappointed. The patented formula provides crisp results for a variety of printing needs.
The package contains one black and one tri-color cartridge. Such a feature ensures that you can attend to all printing requirements that may need color applications. Interestingly, the black unit has a page yield of 480 pages while the tri-color unit has a page yield of 330 pages.
Like most aftermarket ink canisters, the ejet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge amazingly versatile. If you own an HP printer model, then there are high chances that the pair of ink canisters is worth your consideration.
It's ideal for Desk Jet 110, 111, and 112 among others. You will also find it compatible with 4510 through to 4528 Envy models and a range of Office Jet printer models.
- The professional packaging is entirely secure.
- It's ideal for a variety of color and non-color printing applications.
- It produces crisp results on a range of paper types.
- The high yield ensures you don't make frequent replacements.
3. JARBO Remanufactured for HP 63XL | Best Non-EOM Ink Cartridges
- Use with complete compatibility and ink level display, up to 480 pages per black cartridge, up to 330 pages per color cartridge (5% coverage).
- What's in the box: Remanufactured for HP 63XL Ink Cartridges Combo Pack (1 Black+1 Tri-Color).
You can't dispute JARBO's influence in consistently aiming to reduce the cost of printing. They do so by producing high-quality, reliable, but cost-effective third-party inks. JARBO's Remanufactured Ink for HP is one such product that maintains high-quality while keeping down the price.
This canister stands out as one of the easiest to install. It comes in a transparent or black protective cover that you first need to take out. Secondly, remove the transparent tape and insert the cartridge correctly in the right slot. That's simple enough. However, ensure you keep away from both the nozzle and the chip.
There's no better way to have clear and colorful prints, thanks to the fantastic combination of technical know-how put into the processing and refilling of these cartridges. The company faultlessly blends the bright, clean chip technology with the unique Sprinkler Optical Technology to come up with ink that serves the purpose.
It features an almost unlimited HP versatility. The device fits remarkably on 2131, 2132, 2133, and 2134, and many more in the HP Desk Jet series. It's also compatible with all the printers in the HP Envy series. Again, you'll find it a perfect fit for most OfficeJet models, including 5255 and 5258.
- It's a high-value option which is ideal for bulk printing.
- The JARBO canisters require less energy to operate.
- Installation is easy and effortless.
- It features high compatibility with a range of HP printing machines.
- It produces smooth and consistent printing.
4. IKONG 950XL 951XL 950 951 HP Ink Cartridge | best remanufactured hp ink cartridges
- What is included: IKONG Compatible hp 950xl 951xl combo ( 1 Black,1 Cyan,1 Magenta,1 Yellow)
- Printer Compatibility: HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 8100 8610 8620 8660 8630 8640 8615 8625 251DW 276DW and 271DW printers
If you own an HP printing machine or any other printer for that matter, then you are bound to run out of OEM ink at some point. When that happens, and you see the need for low-cost refills, you got to put your trust on a reputable company like IKONG.
Look no further if your machine is compatible with 950 or 951 inks. The IKONG 950XL 951XL HP Ink Cartridge is a great choice. It comes at a favorable price, yet there is no compromise on quality. The pack contains four canisters. The kit includes black, yellow, magenta, and cyan. Isn't that a refill you need to consider?
Another essential feature is the product's high page yield. The black cartridge has a page yield of 2,300 pages while the color cartridge will comfortably clock 1,500 pages. Well, such a feature makes this aftermarket ink ideal for students and professors. Offices and medium businesses will also find it cost-effective.
Any HP printer that can handle 950 and 951 inks will work well with the IKONG 950XL 951XL Ink Cartridge. It is, therefore, compatible with OfficeJet 8600, 8620, 8630, and 276DW among other popular machines in the HP OfficeJet series.
- A versatile pack that contains up to four unique colors.
- It provides high-quality printing performance with unrivaled consistency.
- The extra high page yield is cost-effective.
- It is ideal for HP OfficeJet printing machines.
- It is easy to install, troubleshoot, and use.
5. LxTek Remanufactured Ink Cartridge | Best Refilled Ink Cartridges
- All LxTek ink cartridge replacements for 61XL are strictly tested with industry quality control processes to perform superb results
- Accurate Ink level: Remanufactured 61XL ink cartridges are conveniently equipped with a smart chip to ensure full working compatibility with your printer
LxTek is challenging to ignore if you are looking for an HP 61XL for your HP printer. The company has been a market leader for some time now. It no longer has to prove their credibility, thanks to the incredible replacement options to its name. The LxTek61XL Remanufactured Ink Cartridge is an excellent example.
It is a two-pack combo that consists of black and tri-color units. It delivers superb results when we look into the quality. In fact, it gives the HP OEM ink a good run for its money when the prints are put side by side. The colors are accurate and sharp, while the texts are crisp and not distorted.
This is an exquisite replacement ink combo for anyone who wants to lower printing costs. You see, the price is a fraction of the recommended brand. Besides that, it has an excellent page yield. The black cartridge can produce up to 480 pages while its tri-color counterpart can produce up to 330 pages.
LxTek 61XL is a good product for a limitless range of HP printing machines. It supports HP DeskJet 1000, 2546-2549, and 3050A-3052A, among other models. Besides, it’s compatible with the 4500-4505 HP Envy models. The OfficeJet series is not left behind.
- Included chip enhances compatibility to DeskJet, OfficeJet, and Envy models.
- Accurate and sharp colors guarantee high-quality prints.
- A smart chip indicates ink levels.
- It comes in smart and protective packaging.
6. ejet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon | Best Compatible Ink Cartridges For Canon
- Handy 2-pack: 1 Black, 1 Tri-Color ejet remanufactured ink cartridges replacement for Canon 240XL 241XL ink cartridge 5206B005 5206B001 5208B001
- Page Yield: Up to 630 pages per black cartridge & 560 pages per color cartridge (based on 5% coverage, only $0.03 per page)
Every Canon printer owner loves the quality prints that come from the machines. However, when you run out of ink, and you have urgent work to attend to, everything becomes a nightmare. Well, ejet ensures that you enjoy endless printing. The company's ejet240XL Remanufactured Ink Cartridge ensures you are covered.
The company promises perfect prints, and that's what they deliver with this tested and proven refill. It produces vibrant and vivid colors. On the other hand, all texts are clear and accurate. There are neither signs of leakage nor smear. The cartridges are great for printing general office or business documents but will also do well with photos.
The high-quality package consists of a combination of 2 cartridges. Such a feature enhances versatility. Interestingly, the pack of two has remarkable page yields. The black canister has a page yield of about 630 pages while the color cartridge promises a page yield of 560 pages. Based on the price tag of this refill, it's a fantastic buy.
The ejet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge is one of the most versatile refills in the market today. It is compatible with a range of Canon printer models. Notably, you'll find it ideal for your PIXMA MG2120, MG3120, MG3122, and MG3222 just to mention a few.
- It is easy to install and use.
- The pack guarantees high-quality and original colors.
- It is ideal for a range of Canon printers.
- It features a remarkable shelf life of up to 36 months.
7. GREENBOX Re-Manufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon | Best Aftermarket Printer Ink
- Compatible With: Canon Pixma MX490 MX492 MX498 MG2420 MG2450 MG2520 MG2522 MG2525 MG2555 MG2550 MG2920 MG2922 MG2924 MG2950 MG3020 MG3022 MG3029 TS202 TS302 TS3120 TS3122 TR4520 TR4522 IP2820 IP2850...
- What in the box: 2 Pack Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for canon ink cartridges 245 and 246 - 1 Black 1 Tri-Color
Another exciting generic ink manufacturer is GREENBOX. It is one of the most established companies in the replacement ink market. And well, the company stands out for all the right reasons if you have a Canon printer model and looking for a less costly replacement cartridge.
The GREENBOX Re-Manufactured Ink Cartridge245XL and 246XL are compatible with a versatile range of Canon printers. They fit well on the PIXMA MX490, MX492, and MX498. They are also ideal for a range of Canon PIXMA models in the IP, MG, TS, and TR series.
The package comes with a perfect combination of two cartridges. It features black and tri-color units. Such a variation increases versatility as you can accomplish different types of work using the versatile combination. You see, the inks can print photos as well as plain text documents.
Finally, page yield is a primary consideration when shopping for a replacement cartridge. The GREENBOX PG-245XL CL-246XL does not fall short.
The black cartridge has a yield of 400 pages while the tri-color unit can print up to 300 pages. This is certainly not the best you will find in the market. However, it compares competitively well to its rivals.
- It is safe and environmentally friendly.
- An established company produces the product.
- The packaging consists of a dustproof plastic bag.
- It guarantees professional-grade printing results.
8. AISEN Remanufactured Canon Ink Cartridges 245 and 246 | Best Generic Printer Ink
- Contents: Remanufactured ink cartridges for Canon PG 245 XL 243XL CL 246 XL 244XL ink cartridges combo pack (1 Black and 1 Tri-Color)
- Remanufactured Canon printer ink 245 246 work with: Canon Pixma TR4520, Pixma iP2820, Pixma MG2420, Pixma MG2520, Pixma MG2522, Pixma MG2920, Pixma MG2922, Pixma MG2924, Pixma MX490, Pixma MX492,...
AISEN hasn't been in the market for as long as some of the companies in the above review. However, there's no doubt that the company will be remembered for a long time. Thanks to the illustrious range of functional products it has in the market.
The AISEN Remanufactured Canon Ink Cartridges are top performers. The pair of canisters are a more cost-effective means to high-quality prints. They produce remarkably vibrant colors and sharp texts that are only comparable to those of patented Canon OEM cartridges. So, why pay more when you can achieve the same quality for less.
Passionate Canon owners have a reason to smile. It's a double pack consisting of two high-performance black and tri-color cartridges. Well, the yield capacity is incredibly remarkable. At 400 pages from the black cartridge and 300 pages from the color cartridge, users of Canon printer models understand what that means.
Finally, the compatibility with common Canon makes is unrivaled. It's compatible with the Canon PIXMA MX490, MX492, IP2820, and TS3120 among others.
- It's easy to install and use.
- It has a considerably longer shelf life at 36 months.
- It is an ideal fit for PG 245 XL, CL 246 XL, and 244XL Canon inks.
- It guarantees high-quality prints.
9. E-Z Ink (TM) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge | Best Compatible Ink Cartridges For Epson
You see, it is impossible to review aftermarket cartridges without mentioning a product that supports common Epson printing machines. Epson is a popular brand. Through the E-Z Ink(TM) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge, the Company does well to satisfy the big-name requirements.
So, if you are looking for a generic ink cartridge for your Epson printer, then this is worth looking at. More interestingly, if your Epson machine supports 410XL, then you have no choice but to opt for this fantastic E-Z product. The pack of five consists of black, magenta, yellow, cyan, and photo black.
Despite being available at more affordable prices, the quality produced is beyond reproach. The colors are vibrant, vivid, and accurate, while the texts are sharp. In terms of quantity, the colored canisters have an incredible yield of up to 650 pages. On the other hand, the black cartridge yields up to 500 A4 pages.
The E-Z ink 410XL is an ideal pick for anyone with the famous Epson Expression printer models. It's compatible with the XP530, XP635, and XP640 among other popular models in the Epson Expression series.
- A dynamic pack of 5 versatile cartridges.
- The facility and product are ISO certified.
- It features an incredibly high yield.
- It supports a range of printers in the Epson XP series.
10. Valuetoner Remanufactured Ink Cartridge | best inkjet replacement cartridges
- Each cartridge undergoes a strict quality testing procedure to ensure compatibility with your printer and quality printout
- Contents: a combo of Remanufactured Ink Cartridges for HP 951XL 950XL 5 Pack (2 Black CN045AN, 1 Cyan CN046AN, 1 Magenta CN047AN, 1 Yellow CN048AN) (With Box)
We cap our review with a great product from Valuetoner. Just as the name sounds, Valuetoner is an established company when it comes to the manufacturing of high-quality ink and toner cartridges. The company's Valuetiner Remanufactured Cartridge lives up to the billing.
Firstly, this is a 5-pack combo that comes with a versatile choice of colors. You get 2 Black, a Cyan, Magenta and a Yellow cartridge. You will admit to the fact that this combination is ideal for a range of applications. Busy offices, organizations, and businesses will, therefore, find it great.
Just like its OEM counterparts, the printouts retain a remarkable high-quality with a lot of consistency. So, you don't have to worry about compromising the quality of your work with this generic ink. Yet, the yield is at 2,300 for black printouts and 1,500 for color A4 printouts. Unbeatable!
The Valuetoner 950XL and 951XL are a perfect fit for HP OfficeJet printers that support 950 and 951 inks. It is, therefore, compatible with OfficeJet Pro 8100, 8600, and 8610, to mention a few. Moreover, it features a new generation chip that enables it to work correctly in all the new HP printers. The chip also indicates ink levels as you work,
- A versatile combination of 5 colors.
- It features an unbeatable page yields for both black and color printouts.
- Compatible with all HP new models.
- An incorporated smart chip accurately indicates ink levels.
- Each cartridge is tested for quality.
Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Buyer's Guide
Shaving some burden off your bank account is an excellent reason to consider purchasing an aftermarket ink cartridge. On the other hand, cheap shouldn't mean substandard. Consider the following factors when shopping for a remanufactured ink for your printer
There are third-party cartridges out there. So, you won't find famous names like Brother Solutions, Epson, or HP names printed on them. That notwithstanding, there are great brands for aftermarket ink products out there. Such brands have accreditation on their names as well as their products.
Consider brands that value their customers, and show that by showing value in how they process and package their products. A reliable process should include an efficient cleaning system, a secure refilling system, and a rigorous testing process.
Not every remanufactured ink cartridge is compatible with your printer. Therefore, determining your printer's compatibility with the ink cartridge model that you have in mind is a critical factor.
The most common printing machines are from Epson, HP, Brother Solutions, and Canon. There is a limitless range of third-party ink cartridges that will work well with these brands. Apple and Kodak printers are also quite common, and it won't be much trouble finding a compatible ink cartridge for them.
Trouble comes in when your printer is from a lesser known brand! In such a case, you'll need to be extra careful.
C. Page Yield
Well, page yield is another crucial factor to consider when shopping for an ink cartridge. By definition, it is the number of pages that a single cartridge can print before the ink runs out. Ideally, you need to think of this factor as a rough estimate and not the exact number of pages that you will get.
Since every cartridge has a different page yield, consider a cartridge with a higher page yield to lower running costs. High page yield cartridges minimize the frequency of sourcing for replacements as well as the printing cost per page.
You'll certainly need a cartridge that meets all your printing needs. So, ensure that the kind of cartridge you opt for contains all the colors. Cartridge content could range from just a single color in the pack to a wide range of colors.
E. Shelf Life & Warranty
It is ideal to consider the shelf life of the product before you make a purchase. Shelf life refers to the duration the product can stay unused. Remanufactured cartridges last for up to 36 months, and you should always be vigilant to check on that before you make a purchase.
Finally, ensure that the device comes with a warranty. You can always get a replacement in case of damage during shipping or malfunction.
Buying a new OEM cartridge is a costly undertaking. That is why you may resort to sourcing for the best remanufactured toner cartridges for your printer. Generic options are cost-effective yet still, guarantee high and consistent quality.
However, since there are several options to choose from, making the right choice is a difficult task. The main important factors to consider are compatibility, yield, shelf life, and color content, to mention a few. Take a keener look at the above options and find out if there's any that suits your needs.