Even a decade ago, you could find Projectors only being used in Big Movie Theaters. But with the advancement of consumer electronics and relevant technology, now you can buy a small projector for your home and enjoy movies with your friends and family.
When you are looking for the best Projectors for small room, you are technically seeking projectors with small-throw capacity that are suited for indoor use.
However, having a small-throw capacity does not mean these projectors are incapable of projecting high quality images. Whether you want to enjoy late night movies with your close ones, or want to enjoy hardcore gaming with your friends, a small-throw projector will not disappoint you.
But before you make a purchase it is important that you know the ins and outs of Projectors for small room.
Welcome to this blog where you will learn about the features to look for in a projector suited for small rooms.
List of Top Projectors for small room
Projector For Small Room reviews
1. Yaber Native Projector | Best Projector For Small Office
- ❤[Innovative 4D Keystone Correction & Zoom Function] Our HD projector is the first projector with± 50 ° 4D (vertical & horizontal) keystone correction function to ensure the projected image is...
- ❤[1080P Native Resolution (1920*1080), Support 4K Video] The projector with a real native resolution of 1920*1080, remarkable 7200L bright and high dynamic contrast ratio of 10000:1, provides sharp...
Yaber stands out because it comes with 4D keystone correction. What does it mean? It means no matter where you put the projector and what screen you are using; you will always see a perfect rectangle shape.
You can also suspend this projector from your celling and adjust the image using its remote.
There are a couple of reasons for which it is one of the finest projectors for small rooms. It has an 1080P Native Resolution, a lamp life of 100,000 hours, 6500 lumens capacity, and outstanding contrast ratio of 8000:1. All of these features combined will give you the finest picture quality.
Now let’s talk about its Audio quality. This projector comes with a 3W dual stereo speakers. You will not need to plug-in any external speaker as it comes with SRS Sound System.
Moreover, it has a cooling system comprising of 3 fans. However, it is completely noise suppressed, as a result you will get the best audio output.
1. No external speakers needed.
2. It supports a projection size of 45" to 200".
3. It comes with 2 HDMI and 2 USB ports.
4. Compatible with your TV box, Chromebox, DVD Player, USB drive and smartphone.
2. Optoma Projector for Gaming and Movies | Best Short Throw Projector 1080P
- SUPER-BRIGHT: Enjoy an incredible 3, 300 lumens of brightness in any space such as a home theater, living room, or in your backyard for outdoor movie nights
- STUNNING PICTURE QUALITY: High contrast (24, 000: 1), reference display mode and RGB combine to deliver bright, accurate colors that are perfectly aligned to the REC. 709 and REC. 709b color space.
Optoma Projector comes with a 24, 000: 1 lumen capacity. It is perfectly equipped to deliver high quality images that are in line with REC. 709 and REC. 709b color space.
It has a 1080p resolution display. As this projector comes with a 0. 47" DMD DLP chip, you will always get a crisp and high-quality image.
This projector is ideal for gaming for two reasons. It is compatible with almost all gaming consoles and it has a response time of 16ms. This means you will face no lag while gaming.
If you want to enjoy 3D content, this project might be the best pick for you. It has full support 1080 3D. Moreover, it is compatible with all 3D sources i.e. 3D Blu-ray Disc players, latest high-performance gaming consoles.
Although this projector does not come with 3D glasses with the original package, you can buy it at any moment.
1. Works fine in brightly lit rooms.
2. It has a lumen capacity of 3,300 and resolution of up to 1080p.
3. Fully compatible with REC.709 color.
4. No log while gaming.
3. OptomaShort-Throw Gaming Projector | Best Projector For Small Home Theater
- HDR COMPATIBLE: HDR10 technology (with 4K input) enable brighter whites and deeper black levels; a 6-segment color wheel (RYGCWB) produces accurate color with sRGB & REC. 709 color profile
- Fast response time: enhanced gaming mode enables Lightning-fast response time of 8. 4ms with a 120Hz refresh rate
Optoma Short-Throw Projector is a master of generating crystal clear images as it comes with a 6-segment color wheel. Moreover, this projector is also compatible with sRGB & REC. 709 color profile.
Having said that, it also comes with GT1080HDR technology. This ensures great color depth for your images. Along with color, it also ensures great sound quality as it comes with a built-in speaker with 10-watt capacity.
It is suitable for both gaming and movie watching as it comes with an 8.4ms response time, which is higher than any other gaming projector out there. Along with its super-fast response time, it has a high refresh rate of 120HZ.
This projector is perfect for small rooms as it has a short-throw lens which can project 120" images from 4 feet away.
Now let’s talk about other specs of this projector. It has a brightness capacity of 3,800 Lumens, full HD 1080p resolution, and a contrast ratio of 50,000:1.
It comes with an 15,000 hours of lamp life. Which means, you can use this projector for 4 hours every day for straight 10+ years.
1. No need for external speakers.
2. 10+ years durability.
3. Ideal for game rooms, movie rooms.
4. No lag while gaming.
4. Optoma Ultra Short-Throw Gaming Projector | Best Short Throw Projector For Gaming
- ULTRA-SHORT THROW: Experience a large 100" diagonal image projected from only inches away with an ultra-short throw lens; ultra short throw projectors allow placement close to the screen or wall...
- INCREDIBLE PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy bright, razor-sharp images with 3, 600 lumens, 20, 000: 1 contrast ratio, and 1080p resolution
This projector from Optoma comes with Ultra Short-Throw lens. As a result, you can place the projector very close to the projector screen and still get high-quality images.
Short-Throw means ease in cable handling. But you can even go completely wireless if you want to use the Optima HDMI MHL Multimedia Stick. It has a brightness capacity of 3, 600 lumens, contrast ratio of 20,000:1 and resolution of 1080p.
If you use this projector 4-hours daily on average, it will last for 10+ years. To ensure the finest picture quality, it comes with corner correction technology. This way you will get projection images in perfect rectangle size.
Moreover, you will not need to worry about adjusting its position in order to get a perfect image. It comes with Keystone correction technology that enables this projector to automatically adjust its projected image.
1. Screen Mirroring lets you connect with mobile devices.
2. 15,000+ Lamp life will make sure it lasts 10+ years.
3. Comes with 1080p resolution and full 3D compatibility.
4. Ideal for small rooms.
5. WiMiUSP21 Video Projector | Best Short Throw Projector 4K
- 6500 Lumens and 8000:1 Contrast Ratio---WiMiUS P21 led projector is upgrade 6500 lumens（5% brighter than other 6800 lumens projector). And contrast ratio is 8000:1 which makes the image color more...
- First Native 1080P Projector Support 1080P 60Hz---The 1920*1080 native resolution bring you 4 times clearer images than other 1280*720P movie projectors. In addition, this is the first and only one...
This projector from WiMiUS ensures color rich images with great details as it comes with a brightness capacity of 6,200 lumens and Contrast ratio of 8000:1. Moreover, it is 5% brighter than other projectors.
It is Netflix compatible, but you need to turn off Dolby Sound. You can pay high-quality 4k movies as it has a resolution of 1080P at 60Hz.
The preferred distance of use for this projector is 3m. However, you can place it at any distance from the projector. You can even resize your movies from 100% to 75% or even 50%. If you later realize you need to use the actual size, you can do that too using the remote.
Connectivity is no issues, as it comes with 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB Ports as well as 1 VGA and 1 AV port. Along with cable connectivity you can also connect this projector with your smartphone, PS3, PS4, USB Drive.
1. Outstanding 100,000 hours of lamp life.
2. Uses LED as its light source.
3. Free Repair center in USA.
4. Comes with ultra-wide color gamut.
What To Look For In A Projector For Small Room
There are thousands of home projectors out there in the market. Almost all of them come with the basic feature-set that is held as a standard for home projectors.
However, there are some home projectors that offer more at a lower price. Before we dive into that, let’s learn the basics of what to look for in a home projector.
Light Source Of The Projector
Most projectors either use an LED or Lamp as its light source. Both has their own pros and cons.
First of all, Lamp based projectors can provide the greatest brightness. It is suitable for rooms with high ambient light. On the other hand, LED based projectors have a higher color clarity than Lamp based projectors.
Durability Of Your Projector
Durability of projectors is measured in hours. If you are not intending to use your projector intensively, it can last years before you will need to replace it with a new one.
A projector with a 20,000 Lamp Life can last more than 13 years, given that you use it four-hours each day.
There is another advantage of using LED projectors over Lamp based ones, LED projectors do not need their light source replaced after every 20,000 hours of use. On the other hand, Lamp based projectors will require you to change the bulb frequently after you cross 20,000 hours of use. This is because over time, the Lamp based projector lose their brightness capacity.
Not all projectors are 3D compatible. If you want to enjoy 3D movies, make sure your projector has “3D-Ready” or “3D-Capable” written on it.
Moreover, to get a complete 3D experience you need to have other necessary accessories as well i.e. 3D glasses, 3D compatible video source and of course 3D content.
Brightness of your projector is measured using “Lumens”. As a rule of thumb, you need a projector with high lumens capacity if you want to use your projector in a well-lit room.
For example, if you want to buy the projector for official purpose, you might need to give a presentation in broad daylight. In that case, if your projector has a low lumen capacity, your audience might not see a single thing on the projector screen.
For office and classrooms, a projector with 2,500 lumens or above is enough. On the other hand, if you want to use the projector for dark rooms, look for projectors with 1,000-1,500 lumens capacity.
Distance Coverage refer to the measurement of the relative distance between your projector and the projector screen. It is an important measurement for you as this feature alone can help you differentiate between a projector for small rooms and a projector for big rooms.
Distance Coverage is usually denoted using two digits separated by a colon. Distance Coverage is also referred to using the term “Throw-Distance”.
The easiest way to distinguish projectors for small rooms and big rooms is to look for the terms “Short-Throw” and “Long-Throw”. Short-Throw Projectors are suitable for small rooms. On the other hand, Long-Throw Projectors are suitable for Conference rooms.
Resolution Of The Projector
Higher Resolution means higher clarity of images on the projector screen. In another words, higher resolution means more pixels are used to project an image on the screen, which means you can display more information in greater detail.
For basic use, projectors with an 800x600 pixels capacity is sufficient. On the other hand, if you want to give presentation that have AutoCAD drawings you will need a projector with a higher resolution. In that case look for projectors with 1080p capacity.
Among the recent plethora of personal gadgets, Home Projectors have grown in popularity over the recent years. Along with watching movies and gaming, people are finding new creative uses for projectors such as in photoshoots.
Whatever reason that prompted you to buy Projector, now you know what are the essential features to look for in Home Projectors. Also, you know what are the best small room projectors.
If you need to give this blog a second read, go ahead read it again. Only make a purchase after you are fully confident with what you want to buy.