If you want to experiment with Projector Photoshoot, you are at the right place. This blog will walk you through the features to look for in a projector as well as list down the best projector for photographers out there.
There are dozens of projectors out there all suitable for Photography. But a professional photographer needs the right one.
Honestly, Projectors are not intended for Photoshoot. This makes it more important to go over every feature of available options before you make a purchase.
List of Top Projector For Photographers
Projectors for photographs reviews
1. Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector | Best Projector For Photographs
- SUPERIOR VIEWING EXPERIENCE: Supporting 1920x1080 resolution, VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is powered by MStar Advanced Color Engine, which is ideal for home entertainment. 2020 upgraded LED lighting...
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is perfect for video viewing, TV series watching as well as photo browsing. It can be easily connected to your smartphone, PS3, PS4 or Wii to...
Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector is suited for a closed and small environment. It comes with a carrying case, cables and a remote.
Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector is a single-chip DLP projector. It comes with a 2,400 lumens capacity and uses LEDs to project images onto screen. LED ensures Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector can project images 60% brighter than ordinary projectors.
At such a low price 2,400 lumens is a great deal. Now let's talk about its resolution. It has a resolution capacity of 800x480. Which is also a good bargain if you purely want to use this projector for indoor use.
Now comes Contrast ratio. Vankyo Leisure 3 has a Contrast Ratio of 2000:1. Which is ideal for small rooms. If you have to carry the Projector to your Studio, it won’t cause any trouble as this Small Projector weighs only 2.4Ibs.
No one would pay for a product if they have to replace it with a new one a couple of months later. From that perspective Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector is good pick as it comes with a 40,000-hour light capacity.
Light Capacity is very important as it addresses how many times you can use your projector before you need a new one. 40,000 Hours is a fair bargain for a projector that comes at such a cheap price.
And last comes connectivity. Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector can be connected with your PS3, PS4, XBox-One, and of course your Smartphone.
1. This Projector comes with a carrying case.
2. You can connect your PS3, PS4 to this projector.
3. Fan Noise Cancellation for enhanced sound quality.
4. You can connect your smartphone with this projector without having to download any app.
2. DR. J Professional Portable Movie Projector | Best Projector for Photography Studio
- [100Inch Projector Screen Included] PORTABLE LED VIDEO PROJECTOR: To meet our customer's new needs, DR.J has improved not only the brightness, contrast ratio of the projector, but also included a 100"...
- HIGHEST 1080P RESOLUTIONS SUPPORTED: Supported resolution:1920*1080, Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9, Contrast Ratio: 2000:1, Lamp lifetime: 40000 hours, Watching Size: 32”-176” with projector distance...
Second in our list we have DR. J Professional Portable Movie Projector. This one is also an LED projector, which means it is also capable of projecting bright images on the screen.
DR. J Professional stands out as it comes with a 100" Portable Projector Screen. You can use this projector for your photoshoots as well as for watching movies. It has a Distance Coverage of 1.5m-5m, which means if the projector is placed 1.5m away from the screen it can cover 5m of screen space.
Users prefer this projector as it can be used for both indoor and outdoor movie screening. DR. J Professional Portable Movie Projector is perfect for dark rooms.
Now let's talk about how you can connect this Movie Projector with your device. DR. J Professional Portable Movie Projector is compatible with any Home Theatre, Chromebook, PCs and your Laptop. You can also use an HDMI port, SD Card as well as a USB Flash card with this projector.
It has a contrast ratio of 2000:1, which is the industry average. It has a resolution of 1920*1080. If you remember, the first projector in our list had a resolution of only 800x480.
And lastly DR. J Professional Portable Movie Projector has a Lamp Life of 40000 hours, which is exactly what Vankyo Leisure 3 had.
1. It comes with a 100-inch Projector Screen.
2. This projector has 20% enhanced brightness.
3. Good for your eyes as it comes with Diffuse Reflection Technology.
4. Build-in Surround Speaker for enhanced movie experience.
3. QKK Portable LCD Projector | Best Photography Projector
- 🌷 high resolution LED projector: QK02 LED projector upgrade with high Native Resolution which can meet all your home entertainment games or indoor and outdoor movies. It’s also ideal for home...
- 🌷 big bonus [100inch projector screen] for customers: QK02 video projector packed with 100" Portable projector screen for our customers' Daily home theater use. It's the definitely best choice for...
QKK Portable LCD Projector is also an LED powered Projector. QKK Portable LCD Projector is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Whether you want to use this projector for video games or movies, you won’t be disappointed.
As a bonus, this projector has a 100" Portable Projector Screen. QKK Portable LCD Projector has a lamp life of 50,000 Hours. Which means you can keep QKK Portable LCD Projector turned on for straight 2,000+ Days before it needs to be replaced.
But of course you are not going to use your projector nonstop, which stretches the lifespan of QKK Portable LCD Projector to over 5 Years. The reason behind the extended lifespan of QKK Portable LCD Projector is it uses a 5-layered LCD display.
This five-layer LCD displays also ensures that it does not harm the eyes of the users. QKK Portable LCD Projector can support full HD pictures. You can connect this projector using an HDMI Port. Moreover, you can use an SD card, USB cable as well as a VGA port.
1. This projector comes with a 100 inches projector screen.
2. It comes with 50% improved brightness.
3. Comes with 2 Built-in Stereo Surround Speaker.
4. Suppressed Cooling System for noise cancellation.
4. Mini Projector from KCY-Tech | digital photo projectors
- ★【Superior Home Theater Projector 】2020 Upgraded mini projector equipped with 2000:1 contrast ratio, supported 1080p resolution, brings you a 35% brighter images than similar projectors in...
- ★【Big Screen & Built-in Speakers】The mini projector has a 32~170 inches projection display size with 1m to 5m projection distance. Built-in speakers offer excellent loud sound quality, you can...
KCY-Tech is a well-known name when it comes to gadgets. KCY-Tech provides products that have the highest quality and standard. They produce gadgets that range from projectors to Dash Cameras.
Now let's talk about Mini Projector from KCY-Tech. It has a Contrast Ratio of 2000:1. This is the industry average. Moreover, this projector can support images up to 1080p resolution.
Mini Projector from KCY-Tech does not come with a free Portable Projector Screen. However, this doesn’t mean Mini Projector from KCY-Tech stands below the other projectors in our list. This Mini Projector can project 35% brighter images than other projectors in the market.
The most amazing feature of Mini Projector from KCY-Tech is, it has a Lamp Life of 55,000 Hours. This is possible because it comes with a cooling fan to cool down the lamp after use. Which means you can easily use this Mini Projector for more than 15 years without having to replace it with a new one.
Another great feature of this Projector is that it comes with a built-in speaker. You can also connect external speakers with this Mini Projector.
You can easily connect this projector to your Xbox, PS4, PS3 to play video games. Moreover, if you want to watch movies, you can connect this Mini Projector with an HDMI port, your smartphone as well as your laptop.
1. It comes with32~170 inches display.
2. This Mini Projector comes with 35% improved brightness.
3. Easily portable due to its light weight.4. Ideal for Gaming Competition.
5. Mini Projector from HOMPOW | Best Projector for Displaying Photographs
- 【SUPPORT MULTIPLE MULTIMEDIA DEVICES】This video projector allows you connect your smartphone（iphone / android phone)directly with MHL cable(not included) which makes you share videos and photo...
- 【FRIENDLY NOISELESS DESIGN & MINI PORTABLE DEVICE】 This mini projector uses the upgraded 2020 noise reduction technology which makes you concentrate on enjoying your movies. Size is 7.3 x 5.8 x...
The last projector on our list is Mini Projector from HOMPOW. It allows you to connect this projector with your Smartphone. It can be an android or iOS, Mini Projector from HOMPOW supports both.
You can connect your smartphone using an MHL cable, that does not come with the package. You need to buy it separately. Moreover, you can also this Mini Projector with your Xbox, PS4, DVD, Laptop and of course your PC.
Mini Projector from HOMPOW is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. As this projector weighs only 2.17 lbs. and has a dimension of 7.3 x 5.8 x 2.8 inches, you can easily carry this projector outdoors.
Mini Projector from HOMPOW supports 1080P resolution. This projector comes with 50,000 hours of Lamp life. Which means you can use this projector for more than 10 years. But of course it’s only possible if you are using your projector with care.
It comes with a Contrast Ratio of 2000:1, which is the industry average. It supports 3,600 lumens which ensure you get the finest image quality.You will get the best image quality if you place the projector 60-200 inches away from the screen.
1. Comes with an MHL cable for connecting with your Smartphone.
2. Comes with upgraded noise cancellation technology.
3. Supports Dolby Audio.
4. This projector is compatible with TV Sticks, PC, notebooks, etc.
What To Look For In A Projector For Photoshoot
There is only one prerequisite to picking the best projector and that is first studying about the features of a projector. Once you know the ins and outs of projectors you can make the right purchase decision.
Let's start off by talking about terms that are common to photography world. Resolution refers to the same thing as it does in Photography world. The higher the resolution the better the quality of the image displayed on your screen.
Projectors can come with various resolutions. The resolution capacity can range from WXGA - 1280 x 800, SVGA - 800 x 600, to Full HD - 1920 x 1080. But which one should you pick? Make sure your projector has at least a resolution of 1280 x 800.
Distance Coverage relates to the distance of the projector from the object it overlays an image, and the image length. It is also referred as the “Throw Distance”.
In the Photography world, Throw Distance is usually quantified as two digits separated by a colon i.e. 1:1. The first number, which is 1 in this case, represents how far the projector sits from the screen, and the second number, which is also 1, represents the screen length.
Light and Shadow are very important for photography. The measurement of light is done using “Lumens”. Projectors come in various Lumen capacity. They can start from 50 Lumens, which are widely used for smartphones. On the other hand, there are expensive projectors with over 25,000 Lumens.
But which one should you pick? Well, no matter which Projector you pick, make sure it has a Lumens of 2,500-3,000 or any other figure in that ballpark.
Contrast Ratio refers to the difference between the darkest and brightest point in projected image. What is its significance?
Well, the higher the Contrast Ratio, the higher the quality of the projected image. It is usually quoted using two digits, separated by a colon.
A Contrast Ratio of 1000:1 means the brightest part of the projected image will be 1000 times brighter than the darkest spot.
But what ratio will suit you? Make sure your projector has a Contrast Ratio of at least 3000:1.
Connectivity refers to how you can connect the projector to your device. You may have stored an image in your smartphone, laptop or even a pen drive that you want to throw on the subject using a projector.
Usually all projectors come with an HDMI port and also most of them come with multiple input ports. But still, make sure your selected projector has an HDMI port.
Now that you know what to look for in Projectors, lets dig right into the best Projectors out there.
So there you go. Now you know what are the features of Projectors. You also know how to interpret them.
And most importantly, you know about the best projector for photographers. Do let us know if you need any further clarifications. CHEERS!