Printers were initially a reserve for multimillion companies and big businesses. It’s not like that anymore with printers getting a massive entry to homes and small offices. Therefore, if your printing needs are pretty basic, then you will find the best printer under $50 perfectly useful.
These printers will comfortably handle low-volume printing needs involving college projects, notes from the web, email downloads, and photo prints. If these form the bulk of your work, then you don’t need to invest in an expensive heavy-duty printing machine.
We present you with the most viable low-cost printer options.
list of Top 10 Printers Under $50
Top 5 Printers Under $50 Reviews
1. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer | wireless printer under $50
- Replaces the HP ENVY 4520, HP ENVY 5055 comes with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Step up and create projects at home – Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-one printer
There’s certainly no doubt that you’ve come across an HP printer at some point in life. That’s undoubtedly not a coincidence because HP is one of the most famous printer manufacturers.
The company has a versatile range of heavy-duty printers but you’ll also be lucky to land a high-quality budget option from the manufacturer. The HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer is one such a device that performs better than you expect despite retailing under $50.
The device is one of the budget printers that can scan, print, and copy. As such, it is a versatile device that comes in handy in a range of office operations.
At about 10 pages per minute, we wouldn’t say that the device features impressive speeds. However, we cannot complain as the speed is arguably faster than that of most devices within the price range or higher. Most clients argue that such speed is good enough for home offices.
The HP ENVY 5055 features a low built. It, therefore, fits perfectly on your desk without blocking whatever is in the front view. More interesting is the fact that the device features a monthly volume of more than 400 sheets.
1. The compact footprint is ideal for small home offices.
2. It is a versatile printer that can copy, scan, and print.
3. It features an intuitive monochrome touchscreen.
4. The connectivity includes wired, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
5. The HP Instant Ink program is convenient and cost-effective.
2. Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer | best low cost printer
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease. Print hassle free even from the Cloud4, Bluetooth6, and from social media.5
- Compact size: the PIXMA TS5120 is the Wireless all in one printer that's just the right size with all the right features; Reduction / Enlargement: 25 percent 400 percent
If you are looking for a basic inkjet printing machine with considerably decent prints, then the Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer is worth your time and money. It is a favorably priced printer that blends all the basic features of a printer to make a perfectly functional office tool.
The device is a perfectly productive office tool. It features two trays with a commendable large paper holding capacity. Both the rear and the main feeding trays hold a cumulative 200 sheets of paper.
More productivity comes from its superior print speeds. At 40 pages per minute, the device performs better than most models that cost models that come twice or thrice as much. But even more amazing is the fact the printing tool has a more advanced auto-duplexing feature.
As far as connectivity goes, the Canon TS5120 is unbeatable. It provides reliable Wi-Fi, USB, and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity options.
While Ethernet is not part of the package, the three options are ideal for connecting to nearly all types of media sources. Moreover, you can print remotely using the Wi-Fi Direct option without establishing a network.
1. It features a dependable automatic duplexing capability.
2. It features impressive speeds of up to 40 ppm.
3. The 200-sheet feeding capacity is the largest in this category.
4. You can print both with a network or without a network.
5. It is simple to install and operate.
3. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer | best inexpensive printer
- With Wireless Connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, Auto Power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi Fi it's easy to see why PIXMA printers are so simple to use
The Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer is a printing tool for anyone looking versatility and convenience without digging deeper into their bank accounts.
The device delivers exceptional quality prints with shop-grape photos and professional documents. Besides, it features useful elements including voice activation functions. This makes it ideal for home offices where, sometimes, work comes in between house chores.
The device measures only 7.5 x 17.7 x 11.7 inches and weighs a paltry 13 pounds. It is, therefore, amazingly compact and takes just a little space off your countertop or desk.
It features remarkable color accuracy hence rated as one of the greatest photo printers for the price. The device conveniently prints photos from smartphones, PCs, and tablets.
It also comes with a range of software and smart features that make the device more versatile and convenient to use. On top of the list is the Alexa voice activation as well as compatibility with Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
1. It allows the Alexa voice activation feature.
2. It is perfectly compact and takes minimum space.
3. The smart home features and software enhance convenience.
4. It is fairly priced as compared to its competitors.
5. The device guarantees high-quality color output.
4. HP OfficeJet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer | Best All In One Printers Under $50
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with Bluetooth Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Accomplish everything in your home office – This all in one wireless printer adapts to everything your work day requires: print, scan, copy and fax efficiently with a 35-page auto-document feeder,...
Are you looking for a jack of all trades in your ideal printer under $50? The HP OfficeJet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer fits the bill. It will competently handle your printing, scanning, copying, and faxing needs with unbeatable precision and professionalism. Besides, it achieves these at a tremendously lower price.
The HP OfficeJet 5255 features robust characteristics enclosed in a miniature, compact footprint. The elegant, black printer features perfectly rounded edges and is as compact as a versatile printing device of its stature can be.
We found out that the device offers perfect black and white images with enhanced clarity and sharpness when we put the output quality to test. The high-quality is extended to color images too with remarkable richness and vibrancy.
Everything, including the pace, seem to be in order. So, the print quality is fairly adequate taking into consideration the size and price of this HP device.
Setting up the OfficeJet 5255 is relatively easy. It takes you about 5 minutes to physically set it up from the moment you take it out of the box. However, you need to effect a few installations and register it with your smartphone to initiate your first print.
1. The device is easy to set up and configure.
2. It guarantees sharp texts and vibrant color photos.
3. It is lightweight, compact, and portable.
4. It features industry-standard fax functions.
5. The auto duplexing capability makes it more productive.
5. Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer | good cheap printer
- Mobile Device Printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet
- Quick and Easy Wireless Setup
If you don’t intend to pay extra cash for advanced printer features that may not be of use in your small home office, then the Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer is a perfect bet.
The device doesn’t come with an ADF scanner, nor does it feature an intuitive LCD control panel. However, it features the duplexing capability to allow for two-sided printing in a single pass. The device also performs essential printing functions at above-average speed.
Instead of an LCD screen, the device features a set of buttons in its control panel. That should not worry you as the buttons are highly responsive and a simple press on the buttons makes the commands as desired.
The Canon Pixma MG3620 provides unparalleled simplicity and convenience as far as connectivity is put into consideration. The advanced remote connectivity options allow you to print and scan remotely and from anywhere within your office or home.
Look, using genuine Canon inks with the printing machine guarantees water-resistant, smudge-free, and crisp prints for all professional documents. Are you hoping to use it as a photo printer? It works perfectly well and be sure to share dedicated prints with friends and family.
1. It is ideal for printing graphics.
2. The scanner is one of the fastest in its category.
3. The duplexing feature enables two-sided prints and saves paper.
4. It features a fantastic photo print and scan quality.
5. The buttons are easily accessible and responsive.
There's a misconception that price is the most vital determinant of what you get when shopping for office equipment. Well, this is not always true as the market is currently infiltrated with hundreds of overpriced printers.
We aim to shield from falling prey to unscrupulous venders through this detailed article. The primary factor to consider when shopping for the best printers under $50 is to define and set out your printing needs.
Printers in this category do not guarantee the studio-grade quality, nor do they promise high-volume capacity and speed. However, they will perfectly handle low-volume printing tasks and have admirable portability, ADF, and connectivity features.