Transparencies have many uses. When you are planning to prepare a presentation, you can use transparencies on an overhead projector during your talk rather than a PowerPoint presentation.
Likewise, you can use transparencies to create screens in order to print and sell T-shirts.
Transparencies are glossy sheets of plastic film that are most commonly used with overhead projectors. Printing on transparencies can be a bit difficult as most printers are not designed for this task.
Users will consequently find themselves dealing with issues like ink smudges, which can be expected to be the most common problem with printing on transparencies. Apart from this, other problems users may find themselves in are paper jams and opacity.
So what's the solution? It is safe to say that a good quality screen printing machine will give you crisp, high quality imprints.
The quality will, in turn, reflect your level of professionalism as well as the reputation of your business. Hence, it is important to choose the best printer for screen printing transparencies that fulfills your requirements.
list of top Printers for Screen Printing Transparencies
Printers For Screen Printing Transparencies Reviews
1. CANON PIXMA Ix6820 Wireless Business Printer Review | Best Printer For Transparency Paper
- Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Plain Paper Print, Print Color Capability: Color, Maximum Mono Print Speed (ppm): 23, Maximum Color Print Speed (ppm): 14, Maximum Print Resolution: 5760...
- Number of Colors: 4, Parallel Port: Yes, USB: Yes, USB Standard: USB 2.0, Media Types & Handling, Border less Printing: Yes, Media Type: Plain Paper, Media Type: Bond Paper, Media Type: Card Stock,...
The CANON PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer is an affordable but highly rated printer for people on a budget. It caters to offices looking to print quality mailers, spreadsheets, and presentation charts. It generates detailed printouts with a maximum color dpi of 9,600 x 2,400, while the black and white printouts have a dpi of 600 x 600.
The number of nozzles stands at 4,906 for color and 1,024 for black, totaling 5,120. One good thing about these printouts is that they are generated with 5 ink cartridges, requiring replacement only for the color that runs out. The black ink cartridge is long-lasting and will not require you to buy a replacement cartridge any time soon.
This screen printer is a good fit for printing tabloids or larger-sized super tabloid paper sizes. The device can print anything as wide as 13 x 19" to 4 x 6". For the latter size, it is able to print within 36 seconds.
The product offers downloadable solution templates that are available in multiple color combinations, so users don’t need to produce all their documents from scratch. Users can download exclusive creative projects and content via access to Creative Premium Park.
My Image Garden is another useful feature, allowing users to bring all their most used options, such as Full HD Movie Print, into a single application.
Both wired and wireless options are available: print commands are sent via Android and Apple devices through Canon's app. Hence, Air Print, Google Cloud Print, and PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) are available with the CANON PIXMA iX6820.
1. Color dpi of 9,600 x 2,400
2. Black and white printouts have a dpi of 600 x 600
3. Comes with 5 ink cartridges
4. Need to replace only the particular color that runs out
5. Comes with downloadable solution templates
6. Can hold 150 sheets at a time
2. Epson Expression XP-15000 | epson printer for screen printing
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink; Cartridges described as Compatible, Re manufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at...
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
An absolute beast of a machine, this Epson powerhouse is one of the finest printers around in terms of quality. It is a wide format device capable of outputting prints up to 13x19inches with vibrant and striking colors. Despite its wide nature, it is unusually compact and does not hijack all your desk space.
Although the great resolution and outstanding borderless print quality make it an ideal photo printer, this device is equally amazing for screen printing due to it being a wide format. A special 50 sheet rear tray is installed in this device for holding materials such as cardstock and vinyl paper.
The machine comes network-ready with Ethernet connections ready to be set up alongside its wireless capabilities. Air Print allows iOS and Mac users to connect to it wirelessly although setting it up to function with iOS takes a bit of time and patience. If you follow the instruction manual then it should pose no problems.
The navigational panel features old school directional buttons alongside a small LED screen. The LED display is not touchscreen much to our surprise because these days touchscreen navigation is present in much cheaper models. While this isn’t a major issue, it does not feel as intuitive as touch navigation would.
The only downside of this printer is its hefty price tag. It is strongly ill-advised to use third-party cartridges as it demands only Epson manufactured cartridges. As a result, it can get rather expensive to maintain in the long run when compared to the maintenance cost of other devices of its kind.
1. Printed documents have a delightful color vibrancy and magnificent resolution.
2. Special rear tray capable of housing cardstock and vinyl paper sheets.
3. Wide-format perfect for screen printing and landscape photo printing.
4. Ethernet networking alongside wireless support.
3. Canon PIXMA TS6220 | best printer for transparency film
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 5 Color Individual Ink System to work and never compromise on speed or quality
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease; With IFTTT (IF This Then That) support, use various web services/applications to automate printing
Quality prints that will impress, a simple and interactive user interface and a classy robust design – these are the things that this machine promises its users. This deal is further sweetened because this product comes at a very attractive price point.
The PIXMA TS6220 has all the typical features one would expect from an All-in-One inkjet printer. You can Scan, Copy, Fax and Print flawlessly for your everyday needs with the press of a few buttons. The 3.0 inch LCD is vibrant and is designed to be user-friendly.
Aside from the common USB 2.0 connection, users can take advantage of this machine’s wireless connectivity which is extremely useful for users looking to print with smartphones and tablets. Connecting via Bluetooth is also possible if so desired although it’s rarely used nowadays.
Its 5 individual ink tank setup ensures that buyers use cartridge ink to its maximum efficiency before replacement. This setup gives users freedom while buying new cartridges as they can refill only the color they require instead of replacing all the tanks.
Auto duplex is available for double-sided document printing and the IFTTT (IF This Then That) support allows users to automate prints from various web services and applications.
Although screen printing ideally requires wide format printers (the wider the better), this device has a decent enough range perfect for starters. The crisp resolution is also appreciated and while it’s not the best, it is certainly desirable considering that higher resolution printers tend to be a lot more expensive.
1. Very affordable inkjet printer which outperforms its market value.
2. 5 individual tank system setup.
3. Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity.
4. IFTTT support to use alongside numerous third party services.
4. HP OfficeJet 5255 | best printer for silk screen positives
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with Bluetooth Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Accomplish everything in your home office – This all in one wireless printer adapts to everything your work day requires: print, scan, copy and fax efficiently with a 35-page auto-document feeder,...
Another great All-in-One printer for its price, the HP OfficeJet 5255 is a sleek and polished device with an innovative design that looks great in any desk. It’s an ideal office printer but is also great for screen printing as it supports a wide range of input sizes and has a great resolution for outputting colorful images.
Wireless capabilities are fantastic in this device as it contains dual-band Wi-Fi and smart Bluetooth for tremendous data transfer rate. This keeps users from being limited to only desktops and allows them to use smartphones and tablets to their comfort instead.
The navigation panel is a responsive 2.2inch mono display touchscreen which makes browsing and issuing tasks simple and quick. An auto document feeder capable of holding up to 35 pages at once conveniently prevents you from manually feeding pages after every print job.
Moreover, an auto-duplex is available which allows double-sided document printing, minimizing paper wastage in the long run. This device is compatible with the HP smart app. It lets you set up all your third-party applications such as Google Drive, iCloud and Dropbox with ease – printing documents from them effortlessly.
The only downside of this machine is a lack of quiet mode as this device can get quite noisy after a while. But if you look at the bigger picture, the noise this device makes can easily be overlooked when compared with its many remarkable features which makes it a great device for users of all kinds.
1. An all-round performance from a budget standpoint.
2. Auto document feeder holding a maximum of 35 sheets at once.
3. Auto duplex and borderless printing available.
4. It can be used with the HP smart app to connect with iCloud and Google Drive.
5. HP ENVY 5055 | best printer for film positives
- Replaces the HP ENVY 4520, HP ENVY 5055 comes with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Step up and create projects at home – Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-one printer
A member of the classic HP series, the HP ENVY 5055 should be your choice printer if you are looking for the services of a high-end printer at a much more reasonable price. The up to the mark performance of this machine makes it a welcome addition on any desk.
With a fantastic resolution and optional high yield ink cartridges support, this printer can output gorgeous-looking photos and documents. A decent printing speed of 10ppm for black and 7ppm for color makes it slightly slower than other entries in the envy series, but that doesn't stop this printer from shining.
Coming network-ready from the box with the dual-band Wi-Fi and the smart Bluetooth, this device is the perfect assistant for both homes and offices. 2.4 And 5 GHz wireless gives it a combination of range and speed which enables many users to be connected with it at once and use its wireless printing features.
A variety of sheet layout sizes and formats are supported such as 4x6 in, 5x7 in and 8x10 inches. Auto duplex for double-sided printing once again makes its appearance and the borderless feature enriches the fullness of the resultant documents.
It's an Alexa compatible machine, therefore, voice control can be implemented if the users so choose. If you already own a couple of devices that can be paired with Alexa, then this product can rightfully blend in to form a perfect sync of voice-activated gadgets.
1. Dual-band Wi-Fi enables stunning wireless networking qualities.
2. Gorgeous prints if high yield ink cartridges are installed.
3. It can be set up for voice control using Alexa.
4. Equitable price value in terms of performance.
6. HP DeskJet 2655 | best inkjet printer for screen printing
- Main functions of this HP compact color printer: print, scan, copy, wireless printing, AirPrint, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink, and more
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud,...
This printer is one of the best-looking printers on this list. With its classy outlook and subtle finish, it’s an elegant purchase for blossoming offices. It misses out on some of the traits that are common in flagship printers but despite the few shortcomings, it made this list due to the inclusion of surprising features.
That feature is the capability to support Alexa devices for total voice control. This is surprising due to the very appealing price tag on it for a printer that supports Alexa. It’s almost less than half of all devices of such kind that has compatibility with Alexa – talk about a total bargain!
In terms of performance, it misses out on a few high-end features such as borderless and auto-duplex printing. But aside that, this device has a decent performance for all of the more coveted features. It's effortless to set up and the user interface – while it doesn't offer a lot of variety, is still simple and easy to use.
In addition to the USB 2.0 connection, wireless connectivity is present which allows smartphone and tablet users to work with this product. People who are using iOS devices can connect and print using Air Print which is included with this product.
The HP smart app can be used to access and set up third party applications with this machine such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive. Wi-Fi direct can also be taken advantage of for peer-to-peer connections in case an active internet connection is not available.
1. Wireless Inkjet printer with Air Print ready for iOS users.
2. It can be used with the HP smart app to connect with iCloud and Google Drive.
3. Supports voice control via pairing with Alexa devices.
4. Very affordable for an Alexa compatible device.
7. Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Professional Inkjet Printer | Best Printer For Screen Printing Film
- The PIXMA PRO-10 shares technology with the rest of the PIXMA PRO line utilizing the Optimum Image Generating System to ensure what you envision is exactly what you get
- The combination of Pigment based inks and Chroma Optimizer adds uniform glossiness, a wide color gamut and dense blacks for the satisfaction of the professional user
If you are looking for a transparency printer that produces high quality printouts for high resolution images taken with your high-end camera, then the Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Color Professional Inkjet Photo Printer is the one for you.
The triple dense and deep black inks work together to produce superior quality monochrome prints. It makes full use of the Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System that ensures that the best mix of ink combination and placement is made. The device utilizes ink that is pigment-based while the Chroma Optimizer focuses on ensuring uniform glossiness.
These features together make for their printouts to be gallery-ready and is well-suited for use at small studios or for photography freelancers.
The ink cartridges are large in size, which makes them long-lasting. Their printheads contain 4pl ink droplets that generate 4,800 dpi resolution prints. This screen printer is able to generate +A3 sized images in under 4 minutes. Printouts ranging between 10 x 15cm and 35 cm (equivalent to 14") can be generated with this device.
Dual paper trays are fitted in the printer - a rear one for fine quality prints and a manual one for thicker media. The device also supports printing onto a CD, DVD, Blu-ray Discs as well as jackets.
The screen printer supports Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity which prints pictures using Canon's Easy-PhotoPrint or Apple AirPrint apps available on smartphones and tablets. Moreover, the printer accepts print commands from your digital camera, DV camcorders, or cameras on your phone itself via a PictBridge connection.
Not only does this screen printer support Canon's genuine photo papers, but it also provides the option of using Canon's ICC profiles.
1. OIG System ensures best ink mix.
2. Chroma Optimizer ensures uniform glossiness.
3. Prints +A3 sized images under 4 minutes.
4. Generates 4,800 dpi resolution prints.
5. Supports printing onto a CD, DVD, Blu-ray Discs, jackets.
8. Brother Inkjet Printer, MFC-J985DW | Best Inkjet Printer For Transparencies
- COST EFFECTIVE: Brother INK vestment cartridges printing for less than one cent per page for black and white and less than five cents per page in color. Color ISO Based Max Print Speed : 10 ppm
- BUSINESS CAPABLE: Automatic duplex two sided printing, up to 20 sheet ADF, and connectivity to desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and tablets
The Brother MFC-J985DW is an ideal choice for those wanting to purchase an inkjet printer as a cost effective device for micro, small, or home-based offices.
The printer produces above average quality prints at one of the most affordable prices in the market, which makes it stand out among other inkjets. It is also pretty quick at scanning and making high quality copies. Further, the automatic duplex two-sided printing brings the cost down and supports up to 20-sheet ADF.
With the INKvestment program you will additionally be saving the money you would have otherwise had to spend on replenishing cartridges. Also, with Amazon dash replenishment enabled, the Brother MFC-J985DW is able to measure toner levels and even order ink from Amazon if it finds the toner level to be running low.
The Wi-Fi connectivity means that you can print from anywhere via Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, and the Brother iPrint and Scan app. The paper tray is able to fit 100 letter size sheets or up to 4 x 6" photo papers in a special holder, and prints at a speed of 10 ppm.
The printer serves multiple functions, which includes faxing and scanning.
1. Cost-effective option for micro, small, or home-based offices.
2. Automatic duplex two-sided printing.
3. Allows faxing and scanning.
4. Saves money on cartridge replenishment with INKvestment program.
5. Amazon dash replenishment enabled.
9. Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Print | Best Printer For Silk Screen Transparencies
- Ultra Hi-Definition prints Claria 6-color ink for images with richness, depth and clarity, great for photos and everyday printing
- Professional looking CDs/DVDs print right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs (software included)
The Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Printer brings your imagination to life with its rich Claria® 6-colour ink, making them an excellent choice for high definition photos as well as regular printing. Printouts are quick to dry up and are shielded with water and fade resistance. They are also smudge and scratch free.
This printer is perfect for printing onto CDs, DVDs, with a separate tray and software included exclusively for such printing, giving them a professional finish. The printer also does justice to regular emails and itineraries with ease.
Sleek and compact, this device can serve as your own photo studio lab at home. The auto photo correction feature is able to evaluate and rectify digital images on its own. Moreover, the advanced face detection can capture the natural skin tones accurately, differentiate people from background sceneries and also erase red eyes.
The MicroPiezo®, Epson's exclusive print head, can deliver up to 5 droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters, giving out a smooth, grain-free finishing touch. Backed by the robust Claria ink, pictures that come out of your printer will outlive those generated from conventional labs by 4 times.
Individual ink cartridges only need to be replaced when they run out instead of all at once. The high capacity version of the Claria ink is able to give 60% more printouts than the regular cartridges.
Printouts can be produced quickly, capable of finishing as fast as 11 seconds, with a maximum speed of up to 38 ppm color and laser-like speeds of 5 ppm colour. It also has an auto-duplex printing option and can print as wide as 8.5 x 14”.
1. Claria® 6-colour ink for high definition photos and regular printing
2. Perfect for printing on CDs and DVDs
3. Auto photo correction feature
4. Advanced face detection makes it more precise
5. 60% more printouts than the regular cartridges
6. High durability, outlasting printouts from traditional labs by 4 times
10. HP Designjet T120 24" Eprinter Review | Best Printer For Screen Printing Positive
The HP Designjet T120 ePrinter runs on a 24” design jet plotter. It is a good choice for firms that are looking for a budget friendly large format printer. You can take printouts of diagrams and photos in a wide-format in black and white and in color. It is designed to meet the printing requirements of those working in the architecture, engineering, and construction field, and is well supported for taking printouts on cut sheets or rolls.
Printing can be done on sheets as wide a 24" and as small as 8.5 x 11". The device is capable of generating printouts at an average rate of 1 minute for sheets measuring 4 x 6" using four 711 series ink cartridges and generates 1,200 x 1,200 dpi printing resolution. The location of the front loading access at the left side of the device allows users to easily change cartridges.
Further, the 4.3" touchscreen on the printer also allows for easy navigation. The printer can be assembled in under 30 minutes with the help of the easy to follow instructions in the manual.
Users have the option of resting the printer on their table or putting it on an optional stand that comes with wheels which can be purchased separately. It can be connected via wire, high speed USB 2.0 or wirelessly through Ethernet or Wi-Fi, and is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
1. Budget friendly large format printer
2. Prints in color as well as black and white
3. Prints at an average rate of 1 minute for sheets measuring 4 x 6"
4. 1,200 x 1,200 dpi printing resolution
5. 4.3" touchscreen for easy navigation
Best Printers For Screen Printing Transparencies Buying Guide
1. Manual or Automatic
The first thing you need to consider when buying the best printer for transparencies screen printing is whether you should invest in an automatic or a manual one. Automatic screen printers will give you the time to focus on other aspects of running your business rather than spending time feeding transparency sheets into the device.
While it is fascinating to watch, manual screen printers, on the other hand, require a bit of attention and time that you could have easily invested in other activities. At the same time, if you are not printing as much then you can quite easily invest in a manual screen printer, which will also be considerably cheaper.
But one major downside of this option is that of consistency: with people operating the screen printer, you can be pretty sure that there will be human error.
The kind of space you have in your home office or workplace is another factor to consider. If space is limited, then you can invest in a tabletop screen printing machine, which usually tends to be light but sturdy. If you have some space to spare, then you have the option to invest in a full-sized screen printing machine. These screen printers are long lasting and can be operated for long hours.
Finally, the size of your screen printer is quite likely to grow with the expansion of your business.
The range of colors that screen printers have is also important. Usually, users find themselves wishing they had more options in terms of color availability. This is because you can and will be able to do more with more color options. The number of colors you are going to use in your image will correspond to the number of print heads in the press.
Thinking about the sort of use you will be putting the screen printer to will allow you to plan ahead, reducing your chances of regret later and make way for you to end up choosing the best printer for printing transparencies.
4. Dryer size
Your dryer size will need to meet the output of your screen printer. A larger screen printer with a small dryer will not be able to meet the production rate. If you see signs of your business growing then it will be a good idea to purchase an upgraded dryer.
5. Screen size
Getting a screen printer that will be able to accommodate a larger screen size in the future is one indication that you are thinking ahead about the future of your business rather than just about the present. It is advisable that you give yourself the space to expand the size of your print.
When it comes to screen printing on transparency paper, you do have the choice of doing this in the convenience of your own home or office so long as you invest in the right kind of screen printing machine dedicated to printing transparencies.
There is no doubt that buying the best printer for transparencies is an investment that will allow you to print transparencies on a regular basis. On any day, it is a better option than making multiple round trips to remote stores to get your printouts which also holds the risk of reducing the control you have over them.
Investing in an automatic screen printer is really the way to go as it will be able to operate for long hours printing quality prints - something an employee operating a manual screen printer will find quite impossible to do day in day out.