If you love playing golf, there's that feeling of always wanting to be part of the game. Of course, being part of the game as a player, not as a fan. However, frustrating situations arise when the weather dictates you to stay away from the golf course.
Don’t fret about it. The best golf simulator projector is your ideal solution.
You see, golf is an outdoor game. As exciting as it always is, the weather determines when you can play and when you can't play. Golf simulator projectors are technological advents designed to provide amazing simulated golfing experience.
These projectors are a perfect way to move the outdoor game indoors, be it at home or office. These devices have technical features and specifications similar to those of gaming projectors. These include remarkable image clarity and high-responsiveness.
They create large images of a golf course on your wall to give you a genuine natural feel as you train or play. You can play anytime, irrespective of the weather conditions.
list of top Golf Simulator Projectors
Golf Simulator Projector Reviews
1. Optoma GT1080 Darbee | Best Short Throw Projector For Golf Simulator
- DARBEE VISION IMAGE PROCESSOR: The GT1080Darbee's proprietary DarbeeVision image-enhancement technology enables greater detail in textures and reflective surfaces providing an unsurpassed gaming...
- SHORT THROW LENS: Experience a large 120" image projected from 4 feet away; short throw projectors allow placement closer to the screen making it ideal for more smaller spaces and easier installation
Optoma is not a new company in the projector manufacturing industry. The company has a range of high-quality projectors ideal for a limitless range of applications. The company's Optoma GT1080 Darbee projector stands out if you are looking for a golf simulator projector.
The product features an aspect ratio of 28,000:1 and high brightness ratings of 3,000 lumens. These features ensure that you enjoy a fantastic indoor gaming environment. The image is incredibly bright, and the experience so real. Moreover, at 3,000 lumens, images will remain perfectly vivid even in somewhat lit indoor spaces.
Well, this is a short throw simulator projector. Such a feature means that you don't need to worry about the size of room space at stake. The throw distance is between 1-4 feet, but the best results are guaranteed at 4 feet from the projection surface. It features a convenient 0.49 throw ratio, which is ideal for theater and gaming.
There's no better way to enjoy indoor golfing than with the Optoma GT1080 Darbee. At 16ms, it stands out as a highly responsive projector. It boasts of the Darbee Image Enhancement Technology for astounding levels of image depth, detail, object separation, and lighting.
- It features an energy-efficient lamp with a long lamp life.
- It projects images of up to 100 inches at 4 feet away.
- The ability to display full 3D imaging makes indoor golfing exciting,
- Excellent response time creates a real game experience.
- Short throw means you can play in any size of the room.
2. VAVA 4K UHD Laser Projector | top rated Projector For Golf Simulator
- Ultra Short Throw: Cast a 100 inch image from only 7.2 inches away from the wall! With a space-saving design, quick and easy setup, and the ability to adjust your projection from between 80 to 150...
- 4K Resolution with HDR 10: Feast your eyes on awe-inspiring visuals with deeper colors, higher contrast, fuller saturation, and sharper imagery. The VAVA's 3000: 1 native contrast far exceeds the...
If you want a projector that goes beyond ordinary gaming and theatre capabilities, then the VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector is what you are looking for. VAVA has not been in the market for a long time. However, they have products that are impossible to ignore, and this is one of them.
It is a perfect golf simulator projector for people who want to train or play golf in tiny offices or rooms. Firstly, it has an ultra-small throw ratio of 0.233 to one. It also has a remarkably small throw distance. Look, it can cast a high-quality 100" image from as short as 7.2 inches from the projection surface.
VAVA guarantees you superb quality image experience with the VAVA 4K UHD. It is an HDR10 4K resolution projector, which means you will enjoy the most vibrant and deeper colors. More importantly, it features an outstanding contrast ratio of 3,000:1, which translates to eye-friendly whites and detailed blacks.
Let's bet that you know what a 6000-lumen projector can offer. If you don't, then you must know such a device is capable of producing explicit images even in illuminated spaces. Room brightness should, therefore, not be a big deal when you intend to have a demonstration, playing, or training sessions.
- You can adjust the screen from 90" to 150".
- It is easy to install with no additional mounting software.
- The ultra-long life projector engine is capable of 25,000 hours.
- It allows complete connectivity to a variety of devices.
3. Optoma S343 SVGA DLP | budget golf simulator projector
- PICTURE QUALITY: Designed for meeting rooms, classrooms, and other small-medium sized rooms, the S343 provides vibrant and sharp, clear text and graphics enabled by its SVGA resolution (800x600) and...
- HIGH-BRIGHTNESS: Enjoy an incredible 3, 600 lumens of brightness in well lit environments
Does this one sound familiar? There's no doubt that, but don't get confused. We discussed an Optoma model as the first one in this countdown. The Optoma S343S Professional Projector stands out as a video game device and a top golf simulator.
It's impossible to say that this is a long throw projector. Instead, with a throw ratio of up to 2.15:1, it wouldn't be wrong to say that the device is ideal for medium-sized rooms such as boardrooms, classrooms, offices, and medium training spaces. Besides, the 1x1 zoom function enables versatile placement.
Look, a combination of 3,600 lumens and a high contrast ratio of 22,000:1 is arguably one of the finest. Combine that to the projector's high resolution, and you have a perfect device.
These features make the device an incredible option for anyone who wants to strike a reliable balance between indoor golfing, excellent home theater experience, and playing video games.
The device is one of the easiest to install. But that one aside, this is a tool for anyone who values complete connectivity. The limitless range of connectivity options includes HDMI, game consoles, and VGA, to mention a few.
- A 15,000-hr lamp light guarantees long service.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- It is versatile and ideal for a range of applications.
- A great combination of features guarantees detailed visuals.
4. ViewSonic PS501W | short throw golf simulator projector under $500
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for use in education and small business environments
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Project 120 inches from 4-feet 1-inches in 3400 lumens. Throw Distance - 2.1 - 6.2 feet / 0.6 - 1.9 m
Are you looking for a short-throw projector that goes beyond a single function? If that's the case, then ViewSonic got you covered. The company has been in the market for a little while. With the ViewSonic PS501W projector, the company proves why its popularity continues to rise.
It is another short throw projector that is exquisitely designed. It features a white frame that defines sleek in all aspects. Don't get this twisted! The company doesn't feature here just for the elegant look. It has a fantastic performance, thanks to the deployment of the Exclusive SuperColor Technique which enhances color accuracy and wide color gamut,
It is an easy to install plug and play unit that is easy to install.
Moreover, connectivity is an aspect that you should not hassle about. You see, this projector allows HDMI and VGA connectivity! It also features a3D Blue-ray input mode that enhances superb 3D image displays. And, to spice the perfect images with some audio is an inbuilt stereo speaker for crisp sounds.
Let's agree on one thing! The versatile connectivity options, superb audiovisual features, exquisitely sleek design, and the attractive price make this tool a great pick. It goes beyond indoor golfing to provide advanced uses in classrooms, conference rooms, and offices.
- The plug and play module is easy to install and use.
- It is favorably priced.
- It is a versatile piece of equipment for business and home environments.
- The 15, 000 hours battery life is ideal for long term use.
5. BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector | projector for golf simulation 1080p
- Unparalleled picture quality: Native 1080p Full HD image quality with 2200 ANSI Lumens, 15, 000: 1 contrast ratio, 6x RGBRGB color wheel delivers rich colors and crisp details that are calibrated for...
- Video games on the biggest screen: superior short throw projection enables you to project 100 inch screen from just 3 Feet letting you fully immerse into your games. Project up to 300 inches
BenQ, as a company, is not known in some quarters around the globe. It probably hasn't been around for long enough. However, there are two things we know about this entity. One, its products are unique and functional. And secondly, the company delivers beyond its promises. That's why the BenQ HT2150ST Short Throw Projector makes it to our list!
The projector boasts of 1080p resolution, which is the topmost projector resolution in the market. The resolution, coupled with the massive aspect ratio, enhance high-quality images. Moreover, the features also enable true cinematic colors to bring real feelings.
One challenge that comes with using projectors is the effect of ambient light. Too much light fades the images. Well, BenQ addresses this in the HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector. The manufacturer combines superb an aspect ratio of 15,000:1 and a comparably remarkable brightness of 2,200 ANSI lumens to counter ambient light.
Finally, this high-end projector is easy to install. It is highly responsive and features a convenient 1.2 vertical correction to help correct your projections to a perfect rectangle.
- It has a vertical keystone correction.
- It is an award-winning projector with a remarkable worldwide reputation.
- It is ideal for big screens of up to 300 inches.
- It applies to a range of uses and applications.
Golf Simulator Projector Buyer’s Guide
Look, choosing a golf simulator projector is a difficult undertaking. The quality of the device you decide to purchase is an essential factor. While it is not one of the most fast-past games around, you always want to see a real projection of what you do, as you do it.
The following factors will enable you to enjoy an unimaginable indoor golfing experience;
A. Resolution and Aspect Ratio
While what matters is what you want to achieve and what you can afford, there's no doubt that the most critical factor to consider is the resolution. You need a simulator that provides precise, smooth, and detailed graphics.
Golf simulator projectors have resolutions of up to 1080p, which is the finest and highly recommended. A higher pixel means better image quality.
Aspect ratio and resolution are closely related. You see, resolution is the approximated number of pixels in an image, while aspect ratio determines the ratio of the height to the width of the projection. In other words, aspect ratio refers to the shape that the projected image takes.
The three common categories of resolutions and aspect ratios are;
- 4:3- Always referred to as XGA & SXGA. The image takes an almost square shape and features a relatively low resolution of 1024x728p.
- 16:10- It's commonly known as WXGA & WUXGA and produces rectangular images. It features a resolution of 1280x800p.
- 16:9- This is standard HDTV and comes with the best resolution of 1920x1080p. The images are rectangular.
B. Throw Distance
Another crucial consideration to be in the lookout for is the throw distance. The size of space you have in mind determines your ideal simulator projector's throw distance. The three categories include;
Ultra Short Throw Projectors- They have very short throw distances hence most suitable for office spaces and office presentations. However, that does not compromise their performance.
Short Throw Projectors- These are also ideal for relatively small spaces. They need between 1-4 feet between the wall and projector position, so room space shouldn't be a big issue. Finally, they can produce about 100-inch images.
Long Throw Projectors- If you have no issues with space, then this is a category that you may need to consider. Projectors in this category need more significant distances between their position and the walls to create fantastic images.
The brightness of a projector determines the image quality and clarity. It is measured in lumens, and the higher the lumens, the more explicit the image. Go for a projector with as high brightness ratings as possible.
Again, the brightness of your room influences the overall image quality. Darker spaces may do with low lumen projectors, while rooms with considerable light require projectors with higher lumens.
While this article focuses on the best projector for golf simulator, you've undoubtedly realized that the devices also go a long way to satisfy your other needs for a projector.
Opting for a versatile projector is vital, since you won't be doing golf all the time. Even if you will, then you'll sometimes be at the golf course and not with the aid of the projector.